Monday, July 14, 2014

Headed back to the Bluegrass

I'm headed back to the Bluegrass state this week.  I haven't really been back to visit since I left in 2007 with the exception of a very quick trip to pick up my bottles of Maker's Mark when my barrel was ready.

One of my activities while I'm visiting will be to attend the Forecastle Music Festival.  When I mentioned to my friends I will be staying with that I might be coming in, they immediately suggested that we go to Forecastle.  I checked it out online and when I saw the lineup, I was definitely game.


In preparation for the festival and to make sure I didn't miss any great acts, I took advantage of the Forecastle 2014 Lineup playlist on Spotify.  I already knew I wanted to catch Nickel Creek on Sunday, but the rest of my weekend was pretty open.

What surprised me is the number of songs I recognized but had never really associated with who the artist was.  One of these was Jason Isbell - Alabama Pines is a much played song during my workday.  I also discovered a couple of new favorites, including The Soul Rebels (reminds me of Dirty Dozen Brass Band), and Jill Andrews.

Stay tuned for more updates during the weekend.  And if you happen to be attending, be sure and download the Forecastle 2014 App for schedule details, maps and more.


No comments: