The original recipe calls for the vegetables to be grilled on skewers, but I've found that roasting them in the oven works just as well.
Grilled Vegetables with Linguine
Serves 12 (1 1/2 cup each) Source: Hy-Vee Test Kitchens
What you need:
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Prepare linguine according to package directions. Rinse with cool water; drain well. Place in a large bowl and toss with 1/4 cup vinaigrette.
- Meanwhile, thread vegetables onto skewers. Brush with vinaigrette.
- Grill vegetable skewers, occasionally turning and brushing with vinaigrette, over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Carefully remove vegetables from skewers. Toss vegetables with linguine and remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.