I was browsing the interwebs around 4:45pm looking for some dinner inspiration when I came across a Chili Cheese Dog Bubble-Up Bake from Pillsbury. I didn't have any biscuits and didn't feel like a drive into town to get some, so I decided to try substituting tator tots for the biscuits.
The result was 2 thumbs up from my kids. 👍👍
Chili Cheese Dog Tator Tot Casserole
- 1 can (28 oz) Chili Beans with Sauce (I like Mrs. Grimes)
- 6 hot dogs, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- tator tots
- Lowry's seasoning (optional)
- Heat the oven according to the tator tot directions. Lightly spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix the chili beans and hot dogs in the baking dish. Top with the cheese.
- (Optional) Toss tator tots with 1 Tbsp oil and Lowry's seasoning before placing on top of cheese.
- Place a layer of tator tots on top of the cheese.
- Bake according to tator tot directions (in my case the package said 450 for 12-20 minutes, and I baked it 20+ minutes). Check near the end and continue baking until bubbly and tator tots are golden brown.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
I wish I had more pictures but my kids demolished this pretty fast. Enjoy!